The Site uses a “cookie” file that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive, which can identify details of your IP address, operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Mac O/S, Linux), browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, plus the version of the Browser), locale (to determine which country you are accessing the Site from), and other user information (e.g. your username or email address).
Exaira may use the information generated by cookies to:
(a) track traffic patterns to and from the Site;
(b) ensure any advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
(c) enable you to enter the Site and use certain services and to visit registered user-only areas of the Site.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to delete or reject them. Depending on the web browser used, further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, this will restrict your use of the Site and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates. If you only disable third-party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our Site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a transaction on our Site. Finally, you can also delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser.
The Cookies We Set
Exaira Shippin’ uses several types of cookies, and each performs different functions.
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Order processing related cookies
This Site offers payment facilities, and some cookies are essential to ensure that your transaction is remembered between pages so that we can process them correctly.
Third Party Cookies
- This Site uses Google Analytics to help us understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track transactions and connections such as how long you spend on the Site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- Service provider cookies allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may offer you for making a purchase or transaction.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this Site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter will set cookies through our Site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site, share or contribute content to their site. Each Site holds for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Information Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
Non-Personal Information does not identify who you are, we may share or disclose such information without restriction. For example, we may share or disclose non-personal information with our affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents, other businesses, and the government.
Personal Information. Exaira Shippin’ may share or disclose your Personal information:
- To affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons who work on behalf of or with, Exaira Shippin’ may use third-party service providers to host the Site or perform other Site functions, to help Exaira Shippin’ administer our business, or to communicate with you about offers or other information relevant to your relationship with Exaira Shippin’. For example, we may provide your payment and financial information to third-party service providers to process your payments and complete your transactions. All such third parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are contractually obligated to maintain adequate security measures to protect your information;
- In response to subpoenas, to law enforcement or government officials for any reason, court orders, regulatory requests, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- If Exaira Shippin’ believes it is necessary or appropriate to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
- With a potential acquirer or buyer, if Exaira Shippin’ becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- As otherwise may be disclosed at the point of collection; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- When Customer uses Exaira Shippin’ to purchase merchandise or services from someone else, Exaira Shippin’ asks Customer to provide information related to each transaction, including the transaction amount and a brief description of the purchase. Exaira Shippin’ retains this information for each of Customer’s transactions through Exaira Shippin’.
- Exaira Shippin’ also collects the Internet address (IP address) of the computer or device Customer uses to access Customer’s Exaira Shippin’ account, in order to help detect possible instances of unauthorized transactions. To facilitate Customs declarations, Exaira Shippin’ will disclose information of Customer’s purchase to the relevant authorities on Customer’s behalf.
Customer Service Correspondence
- If you send us correspondence, including e-mails, we retain such information in the records of your account. We will also retain customer service correspondence and other correspondence from Exaira Shippin’ to you.
- We retain these records in order to measure and improve our customer service, and to investigate potential fraud and violations of our User Agreement. We may, over time, delete these records if permitted by law.
Questionnaires, Surveys and Profile Data
From time to time, Exaira Shippin’ offers optional questionnaires and surveys to our Customers for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing Customers’ interests and needs.
The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If Exaira Shippin’ collects personally identifiable information from our Customers in these questionnaires and surveys, the Customers will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
- This Site may collect, use, and share Customer location Data in order to provide location-based services.
- Most browsers and devices provide tools to opt-out of this feature by default. If explicit authorization has been provided, the User’s location data may be tracked by this Website.
Further information about Personal Data
Selling goods and services online
The Personal Data collected are used to provide the Customer with services or to sell goods, including payment and possible delivery.
The Personal Data collected to complete the payment may include the credit card, the bank account used for the transfer, or any other means of payment envisaged. The kind of Data collected by this Site depends on the payment system used.
- Our Site may contain “beacons” or “pixels” from third-party service providers to help compile aggregated statistics on how Exaira is used by our user base as a whole, as well as to gauge the effectiveness of our Customer communications and marketing campaigns.
The rights of Customers
Customers may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Customers have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Customers have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Customers have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Customers have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Customers have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Customers have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Customers have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Customers have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the Customer’s consent, on a contract which the Customer is part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Customers have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
- Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Customers may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
- Customers must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Customers may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
- Any requests to exercise Customer rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and Paypal information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. If you’re under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Exaira Global (M) Sdn Bhd
2-01, Aras 2, Plaza Seremban Utara,
Jalan Tun Dr Ismail,
70200 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan,